Very short description of key items to check
Internet check failed:
- Make sure your computer is connected to Internet.
- Make sure your network connection is configured properly.
- Make sure there's no firewall or antivirus software blocking Store Manager.
Database host check failed:
- Make sure you have specified valid MySQL host. In most cases it is your store hostname, it may be different though.
- Make sure your hosting provider allows direct MySQL connections, some of them may not. Email hosting support and ask them to clarify this.
- In some cases it is better to specify here IP address rather than domain name.
Database port check failed:
- Make sure you have specified correct MySQL port. Port 3306 is default and most commonly used.
- Make sure there's no firewall blocking specified port.
- Make sure your current IP address is added to access hosts. Use hosting control panel to manage access hosts. Visit http://www.whatismyip.com to determine what is your current IP address.
Database check failed:
- Make sure you have specified valid database username and password. Check Store Manager documentation for detailed instructions.
- Make sure that used username has full access rights to specified database. Use hosting control panel to manage database users and assign rights.
- Make sure you have specified valid database name. Check store configuration file what database is used at your store.
If you are using Standard version of Store Manager for PrestaShop or Magento you cannot connect to more than one website, thus you will not be able to configure database connection to more than one database.
When all of these items are checked you should be able to connect. There are no specific limitations nor other specific actions required to establish connection.