You can upload external images for products using Import Wizard. In order to do it you need to make sure that:
1. You have set up your FTP connection correctly. It can be configured and checked in FTP tab in Preferences (F12) window.
2. You have specified correct path to your images folder on your FTP sever (it must be default shopping cart Images folder).
Note: some of Store Managers requires specifying only base directory (store root).
3. You have checked Upload Images option during import.
4. You have prepared the file that includes column with correct image URLs for each product and you have images with identical names in the folder on your PC.
5. You have assigned column with image names from your import file with database field.
After the import process, Store Manager will upload your images to FTP automatically and you will be able to see images in product grid in the software, backend and on the product page.
If you have any additional questions regarding the images upload - we're here for help - email@example.com.